Thank you for your interest in donating a memorial bench and/or a memorial tree with Springfield Township. The donation will benefit residents and the community for many years and is much appreciated.
Email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Springfield Township Attn: Parks and Recreation, 1510 Paper Mill Road Wyndmoor, PA 19038
With your donation, you can anticipate the following:
- The donor will provide Township with a plaque proof.
- Once a bench/tree location and plaque proof is approved by Township staff, the donor will submit a payment check made payable to 'Springfield Township'.
- Upon receipt of payment, the Township staff will order the bench/tree.
- Township staff will contact the donor when the bench/tree is received to discuss the installation.
- Township staff will email the donor a photograph of the memorial bench/tree after installation.
- Township staff will provide the donor with a donation recognition letter.
Memorial Bench & Tree Donation Process
Fill out a complete application and return your application along with payment to the Parks and Recreation office. Application forms will not be accepted without full payment. Trees may be donated any time of the year, however, they will only be planted during the tree planting season. Benches can be installed year-round year.
Memorial plaques are only allowed with bench purchases. The donor must purchase the plaque separately and provide it to the Township prior to bench installation. Plaque verbiage must be reviewed and approved by Springfield Township Parks and Recreation staff prior to ordering.
Trees will be planted in areas based on the current lack of trees, the decline of existing mature trees, suitable soil type and future park development plans. The exact location within a park is at the discretion of the Parks and Recreation Department. Donors may specify a desired park location at the time of application submission. If the tree dies within one year from the time it is planted, the Township will replace the tree with a tree of the same size and species, at our expense.