No News is Good News.
When you register for any of our recreation programs, do not wait by the phone or camp out at your mailbox. You will hear from us if:
- The class is full.
- The class is canceled.
- There is a change in time and/or day
- There is a change in the program location.
If it’s almost time for your class to begin and you have not heard from our staff, that is good news! It means the program will run as detailed on RecDesk.
You Snooze, You Lose.
Nothing cancels a good program quicker than waiting until the last minute to register. If there are not enough registrations by the specified deadline, the program could be canceled! For the status of a program or details about the possibility of a cancelation, call 215-836-7600.
Recreation Basketball League - Registration will begin August 29 at 9:00 am
- League Dates: Saturdays starting December 2 (Schedule Contingent on School District Calendar)
- Registration Opens: Tuesday, August 29 at 9:00 am
- Late Fee: $15 charge starting Friday, November 24 at 9:00 am
- Boys and Girls Grades 1 through 8 (not co-ed)
- Times Vary: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Location: Springfield Township Middle School Gym
- Fee: $105 Resident / $115 Non-Resident
Schedule Contingent on School District Calendar
- Team Placement Dates: Saturday, December 2
- Practice Dates: Saturday, December 9 & 16
- Game Dates: Saturday, January 6, 13, 20, 27 & February 3 (Makeup Date: Feb.10, 17 or 24)
- Saturday, December 2, 2023 (Placement)
- Saturday, December 9, 2023 (Practice)
- Saturday, December 16, 2023 (Practice)
- Saturday, December 23, 2023 (No Game – School Closed)
- Saturday, December 30, 2023 (No Game – School Closed)
- Saturday, January 6, 2024 (Game)
- Saturday, January 13, 2024 (Game)
- Saturday, January 20, 2024 (Game)
- Saturday, January 27, 2024 (Game)
- Saturday, February 3, 2024 (Final Game)
- Saturday, February 10, 2024 (Makeup Date)
- Saturday, February 17, 2024 (Makeup Date)
- Saturday, February 24, 2024 (Makeup Date)
Springfield Township Parks and Recreation Department is partnering with Big Game Hoops again for the 3rd straight season for the Winter Recreation Basketball League.
This program is an instructional, developmental program for players of all different skill-levels. No cuts will be made and no prior experience playing basketball is required. The Springfield Township Winter Recreation Basketball League is the perfect league for players with zero experience. Big Game Hoops' objectives for partnering with the Springfield Township Parks and Recreation Department is to foster a love and passion for the game of basketball within each player by providing a safe, fun, positive, and nurturing environment for everyone involved.
There will be designated time slots for each age group each Saturday for practices and games. The league will consist of 8 weeks of basketball activities ranging from assessment to practices to games. During registration, an opportunity to make a friend or coach request will be available. Requests limited to one per person. Requests will only be considered if the person requested reciprocates the same request.
A crucial and vital component to a successful season are Volunteer Parent Coaches. There can never be a situation in which there are too many Volunteer Parent Coaches. NO prior playing experience in the game of basketball is required to be a Volunteer Parent Coach. Volunteering to be a Parent Coach is a great way to get involved and connect with your son and/or daughter if your schedule allows you to volunteer your time.
For additional information, check out this FAQ Sheet!