Refuse, recyclables and leaf waste must be placed at the curb, in front of premises, no earlier than 7:00 pm on the evening prior to collection and no later than 7:00 am on the day of collection. Within eight hours after collection, containers must be returned to the household. Please locate refuse and recyclables a suitable distance apart from one another at the curbside so that the proper truck can identify your materials.
If you are unsure of when your refuse/recycling day is, please refer to the Township's Refuse Route Map.
2023 Holiday Collection Schedule & Guidelines
Refuse and recycling collection WILL NOT occur on the following holidays:
- Martin Luther King Day – Monday, January 16
- President’s Day – Monday, February 20
- Good Friday – Friday, April 7
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 29
- Independence Day – Tuesday, July 4
- Labor Day - Monday, September 4
- Veterans Day – Friday, November 10 (Observed)
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 23
- Christmas – Monday, December 25
- New Year's – Monday, January 1
When the regular refuse and recycling collection day falls on a legal holiday (or day celebrated as such) or when a snow emergency is declared, refuse collection will be made on the following day (except Friday holidays when collection will be on the following Monday); recyclable materials will be collected the following week on the regular collection day.
The only exceptions will occur following the Christmas and New Years holidays on December 25 & January 1. Households located along the collection route for these days will have their refuse and recyclables collected on the first business day after both holidays so that residents do not have to hold their recyclables for two consecutive weeks.