Springfield Township's Residential Curbside Leaf Collection Program helps residents dispose of these leaves by composting them into mulch available to residents free of charge. This program runs from late March through December with a special collection week at the end of February as conditions warrant. The 2022 Curbside Leaf Collection ends the week of December 12th-16th.
Leaf Collection Reminders
For the final weeks of leaf collection, here are some reminders for residents:
- All leaf waste materials must be placed in biodegradable paper bags or bundled and placed at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on the morning of your regular collection day
- There is a 15 bag limit for each household and bags must not exceed 50 lbs in weight. The Township will make a reasonable effort to remove additional bags in a timely manner.
- Tree trimmings and brush must be cut and bundled into four foot lengths (nothing larger than six inches in diameter) and may not exceed 25 lbs, 4 ft. in length, or 6 inches in diameter.
- It is prohibited to rake leaves onto the sidewalk or roadway
- Grass clippings are not considered leaf waste. Grass clippings should be placed in trash bags, trash cans, or disposed of through grass-cycling.
- Leaf bags can be purchased at most retailers.
For more information on our Leaf Waste Collection Program, visit our dedicated leaf page or call Springfield Public Works at 215-836-7600.
Want to receive Township news and alert notifications?
Be sure to subscribe to your favorite Township notification categories by registering on the Springfield Township website (www.springfieldmontco.org)! It only takes a few minutes and is incredibly easy. Check out our video tutorial on how to sign up today.