Springfield Township would like to urge residents to use extreme caution when traveling Thursday and Friday as inclement weather is expected. Springfield Public Works is preparing for heavy rain and strong winds followed by freezing temperatures from Thursday into the weekend. The holidays are a busy travel time, and residents should prepare for icy conditions.
How to Prepare
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation recommends the following for driving in winter weather:
- Slow down and increase following distance.
- Avoid sudden stops and starts.
- Beware of roads that may look wet, but are actually frozen, often referred to as "black ice."
- Use extra caution on bridges and ramps, where ice can often form without warning.
- Carry a cellphone.
- Avoid using cruise control.
- Remove ice from windows, mirrors, and all vehicle lights before you drive.
- Carry a winter emergency travel kit.
To report a power outage, call PECO at 1-800-841-4141 or download the PECO mobile app.
Visit our Emergency Preparedness page on our website for more emergency guidance.